| Sponsored by
for the California Department
|This web site is provided as a resource
for users of Dragon NaturallySpeaking® at the California Department
of Justice (DOJ). Please note that this site is NOT an official
web site of the California DOJ and contains no DOJ specific
information. For official DOJ information please refer to the
official web site for the Office
of the Attorney General, California Department of Justice.
|The Users Group is a resource for anyone using,
or interested in, Dragon NaturallySpeaking® (DNS) to get questions
answered and to discuss available resources and how best to use DNS
the Department of Justice. Meetings will include:
- Discussions of problems DNS Users may have encountered.
- Demonstrations of NaturallySpeaking® Commands and
Usage Strategies that may assist users to be more productive.
- Demonstrations of other enabling and productivity
technologies that may be of interest to the users
- Discussions of other topics of interest to the users.
- Guest Speakers on topics of interest.
- and more!
A list of commonly asked questions with corresponding
Search Scansoft's Technical Support Knowledge Base
information on any NaturallySpeaking problem or issue. Just
NaturallySpeaking in the Product drop list then click [Continue].
|Meetings are generally scheduled for the Second
Tuesday of each month in Sacramento, California. Please contact the
meeting coordinator, Michael Moser,
for times and locations.
|DOJ Plan for Resolution of
Some very specific problems encountered by many users were discussed at
the Feb. 11 meeting. As a
result of the Users Group Meeting and the issues raised, a plan
is being developed to streamline the problem resolution process in
general and to address the specific problems discussed. In
general, the plan development process at this point includes:
The next Users Group meeting will be schedule when more details and/or
results are available. Progress on the resolution of
discussed issues will be posted here.
- Surveying the current NaturallySpeaking user base to
- Level of use.
- Level of productivity.
- Level of Satisfaction.
- Specific software combinations that tend to cause
- Specific areas where NaturallySpeaking tends to excel.
- Identify key issues and problems preventing effective
utilization of NaturallySpeaking at the DOJ based on the Survey results.
- Define resolution strategies to address each issue or
- Define a plan to implement the identified resolution
- Have the plan itself approved and implemented.
|Feb. 11, 2004
|First NaturallySpeaking Users Group
meeting discusses areas where problems are encountered when attempting
to utilize NaturallySpeaking at the Department of Justice. A
general strategy is
mapped out to aid Risk Management in assessing the effectiveness of
NaturallySpeaking and to resolve issues preventing higher usage and
a registered trademark of ScanSoft, Inc.